Pci Card not working

Jangus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Hello, i have recently come across some network connectivity issues. When i booted up my pc today, my TP-Link 300mbp/s PCI card was not recognised. I have tried various solutions but the PC does not even recognise the card, so i cannot change the drivers installed etc.

If anyone has any solutions, then thanks in advance.

Jangus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

The problem is that my pc is upstairs, so the ethermet won't work for me because it is impractical, but i need to fix the pci problem. The motherboard doesn't even recognise the card is installed?

You can use a long CAT6 Ethernet cable temporarily.

My router is on the 2nd floor of my home and sometimes I connect a long Ethernet cable and plug it into friends' computers that I work on downstairs. I find this convenient. The maximum length spec for CAT6 Ethernet cable is 100 meters.

Jangus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

Ok, but have you got a solution to my problem of the pci card?

Jangus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

Yes i have already done that but the problem is that the bios or windows doesn't seem to recognise that there is something in the pcie slot.

Can you try a different PCI slot? Or re-insert his card and this time leave the securing screw on the bracket not fastened. Let the card be loose for testing and then try the system. (On one of my PCI cards I had to loosen the assemble screws and re-align the card with the bracket).

Jangus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

Ok i tried that and it was detected by the bios and windows for about 1 hour, and then randomly disconnected. It now won't show up, so i don't know what to do

Jangus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

No there are no vibrating fans. Is it more likely to be the motherboard or the card? The whole PC was brand new btw.

The card is easier than the motherboard to replace. Look at Linksys; has served me well over the years on 4 different desktops. All running from one to four years as of now.

Jangus

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

So it is more likely to be the card? and i know the motherboard is not easy to replace, but is there a big chance that could be the problem?