pci cards detected incorrectly

I have a PC built from an 875p neo mb. When I put anything in the pci
slots, windows XP will not detect them correcty. A firewire card (which I
know works) is detected as 'system interrupt controller' and soundcards come
up as 'vga device' Any ideas why?

Thanks

"Tim Ungless" <tim@step5.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a PC built from an 875p neo mb. When I put anything in the pci
>slots, windows XP will not detect them correcty. A firewire card (which I
>know works) is detected as 'system interrupt controller' and soundcards
>come up as 'vga device' Any ideas why?

Set the BIOS option 'Plug and Play OS' to No if it's set to Yes or
vice-versa.

Tom Lake

Under the pci/pnp settings in the bios there isn't an actual option to do
this. I can set irqs to pnp/pci or isa/eisa and the same with the dma
channels. I'm not too sure what settings I should put in here...