[SOLVED] PCI Device - unknown devices that need drivers

Sep 14, 2020
I recently made a new pc and it has 3 unknown devices on it in the device manager:

PCI device
PCI Device
PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller

I got the hardware ID's of each following some guides:
PCI Device - PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_148A&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00
PCI Device - PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1485&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00
PCI Encryption/Decryption Controller - PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_87C01043&REV_00

I heard it was something to do with the chipsets drivers. so I went to my MB website and downloaded the latest chipset drivers I could fine: the V2.05.04.352 for windows 10 64-bit. but when starting the am chipset software it tells me "This installer is intended to be deployed only on an AMD system. Exiting installation as the requirement is not satisfied." I also visited the AMD AM4 chipset website and downloaded the latest AMD Chipset Drivers - Revision Number 2.07.14.327 and they also didn't work and gave the same message. Im stumped at this point, hoping someone else knows a solution of some sort.

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MB: Asus Prime b450 PLUS

Solution
Well, that's almost certainly your problem. When you move from one platform to another, you NEED to do a CLEAN install of Windows about 95% of the time. Rarely, maybe 5% of the time, when moving from one platform to another, if the platforms are VERY similar, some people are fortunate enough for it to simply "work" but that is rarely the case without doing a clean install.

My recommendation is that THAT is what you need to do as well. The problems you are encountering are from registry entries that exist from the old platform which are causing problems with the new platform. Basically, Windows thinks the hardware from the old system, to some degree or other, is still in use and is rejecting the drivers for the hardware that is actually...
Well, that's almost certainly your problem. When you move from one platform to another, you NEED to do a CLEAN install of Windows about 95% of the time. Rarely, maybe 5% of the time, when moving from one platform to another, if the platforms are VERY similar, some people are fortunate enough for it to simply "work" but that is rarely the case without doing a clean install.

My recommendation is that THAT is what you need to do as well. The problems you are encountering are from registry entries that exist from the old platform which are causing problems with the new platform. Basically, Windows thinks the hardware from the old system, to some degree or other, is still in use and is rejecting the drivers for the hardware that is actually installed. If you do a clean install you will almost certainly eliminate the problems you are having now. It will mean starting from scratch though. No two ways around it, and we all have to do it.

Solution