Question Pci-e Bluetooth not showing up

CorruptedSanity

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Hello

I added an ASUS PCE-AXE5400 WiFi 6E PCI-E Adapter

to my Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha motherboard.

My mobo already has wifi and Bluetooth.

I installed both the wifi and Bluetooth drivers.

Under device manager, I can see the new wifi card.
I cannot see the new Bluetooth module.

When I tried reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers, I got this error:

The version comparison failed. The setup will now terminate.

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version is on your motherboard at this moment of time? As for your card, whcih slot is it populating on your motherboard?

Might want to pass on the specs to your entire build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Just curious, did you tether the card to the motherboard using the rear USB cable?

FYI, If you took the motherboard's I/O cover off and got access to the wireless module that comes bundled with the motherboard, you could(should) be able replace the WiFi/BT adapter with the one you purchased, I mean the WiFi Go module to the top left of this image;

CorruptedSanity

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
What BIOS version is on your motherboard at this moment of time? As for your card, whcih slot is it populating on your motherboard?

Might want to pass on the specs to your entire build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Just curious, did you tether the card to the motherboard using the rear USB cable?

FYI, If you took the motherboard's I/O cover off and got access to the wireless module that comes bundled with the motherboard, you could(should) be able replace the WiFi/BT adapter with the one you purchased, I mean the WiFi Go module to the top left of this image;

After doing some research just now, it turns out I must connect the USB 9 pin from card to motherboard.

Asus instructions said I didn't need to:

I only have two front USB headers on my motherboard.

I don't use my front label USB, so I disconnected one 9 pin and connected the Bluetooth card connector.

But then PC wouldn't boot past bios screen.

Said b4 error. Which means USB hot plug.

Reconnected original USB front panel and now PC boots.

Looks like I need a 9 pin splitter?