[SOLVED] PCI-e cable connection to RTX2060

dwsamson

Reputable
May 13, 2016
Question about cables and how to solve a lack of available connections.

I purchased a Geforce RTX2060 Super which requires both a 6-pin and an 8-pin connection. The card comes with two cable adaptors -- an 8-pin to a dual-head 6-pin, and a 6-pin to a dual-head 4-pin.

I have two available 6-pin connections from the PSU so I can plug the 8-pin adaptor in just fine. However, when it comes to the 6-pin adaptor I have only one available 4-pin, leaving one unplugged.

My PSU is a HX620w Corsair. Do I need to purchase a replacement PCIe cable with more connections or is there another solution I'm unaware of? Sorry, very new to this with only basic knowledge of PSUs.

Solution
There's a general rule of thumb with PSUs. If it doesn't have the cables then it isn't designed to run the component.

The other thing with PSUs is don't use cables designed for another PSU; mixing and matching cables can be dangerous for the health of your system. You would need very specific cables to do so when replacing cables.

Unfortunately I have no solution to offer, but hopefully someone else does. (Beyond getting a new PSU.)
There's a general rule of thumb with PSUs. If it doesn't have the cables then it isn't designed to run the component.

The other thing with PSUs is don't use cables designed for another PSU; mixing and matching cables can be dangerous for the health of your system. You would need very specific cables to do so when replacing cables.

Unfortunately I have no solution to offer, but hopefully someone else does. (Beyond getting a new PSU.)

Solution