Apr 23, 2021
Hey! Just bought a pci-e cable but the joined pins don't fit in my PSU. What do I do?

Solution
- that's the cable itself, I believe it's just a normal pci-e 8 pin cable
No.

There is no standardization among modular PSU's and their connections.

At the component end, yes.
At the PSU end, no. Not even a little bit.

You were very very lucky in that it did NOT plug in.

You need the exact cable that this particular PSU came with.

DSzymborski

Titan
There's no such thing as a "normal" modular cable. They're not standardized on the end that connect to the modular PSU. You can't just buy a modular cable and stuff it in, it has to be confirmed to work for your exact model of PSU. Pinouts and shape differ; when using a modular cable that isn't confirmed to work for you, the best-case scenario is that it doesn't fit, the worst-case scenario is that you no longer have a PC after you turn it on.

USAFRet

Titan
- that's the cable itself, I believe it's just a normal pci-e 8 pin cable
No.

There is no standardization among modular PSU's and their connections.

At the component end, yes.
At the PSU end, no. Not even a little bit.

You were very very lucky in that it did NOT plug in.

You need the exact cable that this particular PSU came with.

Solution
Apr 23, 2021
Ok, got it, thanks a lot to everyone! But I have my next question already... How do i google the cable i need, because i can`t find anything that fits. I want to connect the 2x8-pin GPU to Deepcool Aurora DA700...

DSzymborski

Titan
Really, if you can't find anything on Google, you'll likely have to contact Deepcool for help obtaining a replacement if you no longer have the one it came with. While lots of popular PSUs will have available aftermarket cables, this PSU is a rather mediocre group-regulated PSU, so there's little hobbyist interest and thus, it's not profitable for companies to produce compatible cables. So it's a bit of work to find a replacement; if Deepcool doesn't help and you can't find one online, your options become to replace the PSU or find someone selling an old broken DA700 cheaply and using the cable.