PCI-E card problem

LeeWang

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
I bought an e-GeForce 7200 GS graphics card last week and installed it
to my mother board of ECS RX480-A. Although no error message was
appeared during the installation, I found that the colors quality is
displayed incorrectly. I set the quality colors as Highest (32 bit)
but it is same as setting of 16 bit. The color bar in setting of Color
quality section is showing the transition of colors abruptly. Also,
many colors can not be displayed and the icons are displayed coarsely
when I run some softer ware such as MS office 2007. I just replaced
the card with a new one which I exchanged from the store.
Unfortunately, the performance is same as the old card. I also tried
to update the driver to the newest version which I just downloaded
from your website. Although it made the graphics quality better than
the old driver, it's still not display the colors correctly. I'm sure
that my mother board quite good any it work perfectly with other card
when I used it. So, I really don't know what is going on in this
matter. I hope get your instruction for solving the problem. Your
early replay will be appreciated!

P.S. my system and settings information as following:
CPU: AMD 3800+
Screen resolution: 1280 x1024 Screen
refresh rate: 70
Color quality" 32 bit (it is looked no difference with 16 bit. but it
much better than setting at 8 bit)

You sure it's not a problem with your monitor not displaying the colors correctly?

Are your DVI/VGA cables securely connected? Did you try replacing the DVI/VGA cable?

Did you successfully remove the old drivers before installing the new card and new drivers?

O.k ignoring the fact that you actually paid money for a 7200, are you sure the graphics card is seated properly? Make sure it is seated properly in the PCI-E slot or you'll get all sorts of problems. Did you properly uninstall your old drivers? Remove all graphics driver packages from the add remove panel, then boot into safe mode and remove any display adapters in the device manager. Finally install the new drivers.

LeeWang

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Thank you for all of your replies. However, I didn't think that the problem is related to the monitor or DVI/VGA cable. I took a snapshot for the deficient display and saw the image file with another computer. Unfortunately, the colors from the image file also are displayed incorrectly there. I reattached the snapshot from my screen for your information and hope get a helpful instruction to solve the problem. Moreover, I have tried to removal all old drivers in safe mode with the Driver Sweeper which I downloaded from this website at http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/. I believed that all driver file were cleared completely then installed the latest driver called 178.13_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql which just is released on September 25 from NVIDIA website. Also, I checked the card installation and reseated it to the PCI-E slot carefully. However, all of the efforts were of no luck. I don’t know what further action I should take in this matter. Any indication will be appreciated.

catch_screen.JPG

Wow, looks crazy :D. What kind of video card did you have before that one anyway? Something may be wrong with your windows installation so if you haven't formatted in a while now would be a good time. I mean it looks like you have your driver working properly since your system is using 32-bit color and your display properties are reporting the video card properly. All I can think of is that some library is corrupted, but you should be getting some kind of error message if that was the case.

LeeWang

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
My windows have been formatted and restalled twice after I get this video card in order to fix the problem. However, it was of no luck in this matter. Aslo, I never got any error message since I installed the card. It seem no big difference when set the the color quanlity at 32 bit or 16 bit.

LeeWang

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
The previous video card I used is EVGA 7100 GS and it work okay. However, I get the problem from 7200 GS