Question PCI-E clip broken with my GPU still seated

Jul 15, 2023
Is there any way to remove my GPU from the PCI-E slot without the clip? Its firmly seated and doesn't really move for some reason, i just want this GPU out so i can upgrade to a better one i bought

Motherboard: Erica 8643 (It was a prebuilt I bought a few years ago, HP Proprietary motherboard)

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
When the clip broke, was it the entire clip or just the push part? I'm assuming the latter since you said it's still in there.

Best advice I have is get a flathead screwdriver, wrap the heard in electrical tape so you don't scratch any traces and try and maneuver the latch down.

Yanking on the card could damage the slot. A last resort if you don't care about the GPU, get snips and cut the card at the retention clip and then pull the card out. After that you can unlatch the broken latch, pull the carcass out and move along

That board has a funky retaining clip you have to find it back of the slot, and push it down towards the bottom of the case or towards the cooler of the card and tug on it at the same time.

Could be worse, I got an old HP Q6600 system I put a GTX 260 in, and the stupid clip is under the heatsink, I had to use some automotive picks to get at the clip to pull the card, I since broke it off so I wouldn't have to worry about it lol

Good Luck