[SOLVED] PCI-e expansion card?

Aug 27, 2019
Sorry, not sure where to post this but I have a low profile case with no USB 3 ports, but I have a single free PCI-e slot and a free Sata power plug (although it is an extension and therefore also being used to power an HDD). Are there any PCI-e expansion cards (obviously low profile) for this? I don't need it to be fast charging or high power, only the transfer speed, so if it works without external power then it would be fine.

Solution
If your power supply does not have a 4-pin molex connector, then an adapter would work for you:

31mszuNAImL.jpg

-Wolf sends
Aug 27, 2019
That's £30 for me in the UK. I saw this on eBay, I don't need many usb ports but I don't know what that power connector is. Looking online it might be a 4 pin power as that's what it says in the item description if that's a thing (or maybe molex but idk what that is, it just keeps popping up), if someone can confirm then I can just get an adapter but you can only see it from the back. I'm still not sure if sata power can power a card like this and an HDD or if a card can work without power.

Aug 27, 2019
That's £30 for me in the UK. I saw this on eBay, I don't need many usb ports but I don't know what that power connector is. Looking online it might be a 4 pin power as that's what it says in the item description if that's a thing (or maybe molex but idk what that is, it just keeps popping up), if someone can confirm then I can just get an adapter but you can only see it from the back. I'm still not sure if sata power can power a card like this and an HDD or if a card can work without power.