[SOLVED] Pci-e gen3 rtx 3070

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Good day.

I know I've asked this before but my GPU is under performing. On user benchmark everything performs above expectations, even the under clocked ram! But the GPU performance is below average? The only thing I can think of is the fact that my gen4 rtx 3070 is running on gen3 pci-e. What do you guys think please? I would like to add that I play all my games @4k ultra settings and a couple of titles are using more than the cards 8gb of ram. I don't think the CPU is a bottleneck as its never more than 60% when gaming and the GPU is always @99-100%

Thanks.

Thanks for the answers. I will wait a while until I grab a new mobo and CPU.

Until then I'll just put up with the poor GPU performance.

Thanks again.
What is your full pc spec?

Are you only comparing to userbenchmark, have you compared actual game fps? The trouble with userbenchmark and any benchmark tool is you will be comparing to people who are overclocking. A user who is not overclocking might run the benchmark a few times to test their system or in many cases they won’t even run a benchmark. A user who is overclocking is likely to run the benchmark many more times as they try to squeeze out the extra performance. Userbenchmark can be a useful tool but it also has limitations on what it can tell you.

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
What is your full pc spec?

Are you only comparing to userbenchmark, have you compared actual game fps? The trouble with userbenchmark and any benchmark tool is you will be comparing to people who are overclocking. A user who is not overclocking might run the benchmark a few times to test their system or in many cases they won’t even run a benchmark. A user who is overclocking is likely to run the benchmark many more times as they try to squeeze out the extra performance. Userbenchmark can be a useful tool but it also has limitations on what it can tell you.

Hi the spec is
Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus Rog strix b450f gaming board
16gb Corsair vengeance RGB pro Ryzen tuned 3600 but running @3200
Evga rtx 3070 xc3 ultra gaming @2100mhz
1tb Kingston m.2 hd
Aerocool integrator 750w bronze+
Cooler master ml120l CPU cooler

I'm having gaming problems as well. My display is 60hz so I've got the FPS limited to 60. But even at 60 I'm getting micro stutter. Sometimes hanging for a few seconds. Tried lowering the resolution and graphics quality, and on some games it makes a difference and others none at all. I'm starting to wonder if the graphics card is faulty as I remember games that worked well with my old rtx 2060s are not so well with the 3070.
It's driving me mad! I wish I had of waited in line for a Xbox instead of a 3070 now.

Thanks.

Hi the spec is
Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus Rog strix b450f gaming board
16gb Corsair vengeance RGB pro Ryzen tuned 3600 but running @3200
Evga rtx 3070 xc3 ultra gaming @2100mhz
1tb Kingston m.2 hd
Aerocool integrator 750w bronze+
Cooler master ml120l CPU cooler

I'm having gaming problems as well. My display is 60hz so I've got the FPS limited to 60. But even at 60 I'm getting micro stutter. Sometimes hanging for a few seconds. Tried lowering the resolution and graphics quality, and on some games it makes a difference and others none at all. I'm starting to wonder if the graphics card is faulty as I remember games that worked well with my old rtx 2060s are not so well with the 3070.
It's driving me mad! I wish I had of waited in line for a Xbox instead of a 3070 now.

Thanks.
Do you get the stutters when not using an fps limiter? Have you tried limiting to 58 or 59 fps instead of 60?

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Glad you got it sorted. I would try turning off V-Sync and using only the FPS limiter. If it works ok this will have lower input lag.

I tried vsync off and frame limiter on, the performance is a lot better but Im getting screen tearing. Monitoring FPS with vsync it's around 58fps and frame limiter it's 60fps. I'm guessing my display is just under 60hz. I'm gonna invest in a gaming monitor I think.

Thanks.