[SOLVED] PCI-E not detecting my Graphics Card

Jul 7, 2021
PC Specs:

i9 10900k
RTX 3070 Gigabyte Eagle
Corsair RM850x (PSU)
Z490 Designer Gigabyte
32GB RAM G.SKIL TridentZ 3000MHZ

So I recently bought a new AiO and when I was installing it I decided to remove the GPU (3070) so I could move my hands with more freedom inside the case. I putted the new AiO I reinstalled the GPU but for my surprise the Motherboard was not detecting the GPU anymore. When I checked in the BIOS the GPU didn't showed up on the PCI-E connected devices. I was scared the GPU was the problem, but I tried with an older GPU I have (1070) and it didn't work either. My 1070 was on another computer I have here at home, so I plugged the 3070 into the other PC and it worked fine. I tried swaping the GPU into the second PCI-E lane (x8), changing the PSU connector, reinstalled drivers with DDU, but unfortunately non of those things solved the problem. I was thinking that maybe the PCI-E controller was dead but my M.2 SDD works just fine so I don't really know what's going on.

Solution
pci-e controller is built in cpu, since it happened when you were replacing cpu cooler, id check if there isnt any damage done
check for cpu socket pins on mainboard if they arent bent pins
Jul 7, 2021
pci-e controller is built in cpu, since it happened when you were replacing cpu cooler, id check if there isnt any damage done
check for cpu socket pins on mainboard if they arent bent pins
I am going to check in the morning then, when I do am going to update you as soon as possible. I am guessing that if the pins are bent I would have to swap the motherboard and that's it?