[SOLVED] PCI-E Splitter?

GuardianFromSteam

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Hello everyone, I have 1 PCI-E slot (for gpu ofc) and I was wondering if I could use a splitter and where I could get one that would work? I'm not really that informed on PCI or PCI-E or whatever. I basically need two PCI-E slots. Any questions just ask

USAFRet

Titan
What replies in your other thread were unsatisfactory?

GuardianFromSteam

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
[/QUOTE]
What replies in your other thread were unsatisfactory?
I need PCIe connectivity

GuardianFromSteam

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Given cryptic responses, it is pretty hard to assist in finding an actual solution.
what do you mean? I'm sorry if I'm not being clear enough. So basically, I have an external PCIe "unit" for my gpu, its basically one of these things, which connects into my laptop. I am trying to use this thing but I need another PCIe slot. Since I have one, I'm basically trying to see if there is a splitter out there that can turn one slot into two so I can use my full size GPU and my DMA Screamer simultaneously. Or if there is any other way to get another slot to use the DMA screamer. It is a PCIe 4.

GuardianFromSteam

Honorable
Aug 11, 2015
Well...there ya go.
Specifics

https://www.compsource.com/ttechnote.asp?part_no=RSCR2UT2E8R&vid=428&src=F

You do realize that the slowest device in the chain dictates performance. Right?

Or, you could use the USB-C cable that comes with that Screamer thing.

Or, you just build a desktop, instead of gimping out a laptop into being a poorly performing desktop.
I use the laptop because I travel a lot, so it's much easier than bringing separate peripherals that take up more space. But the Screamer needs PCIe, you should take a look at what it does and you'll see what I'm trying to do. And in terms of performance, I think a 10,000+ Time Spy score is good enough...