[SOLVED] PCI-E to PCI Bridge Chip

Feb 13, 2019
Wondering if I could remove the heatsink on this chip since the heatsink for this wont let me fit my gtx 1050. Can anyone help?

Solution
If it is taller than the PCIe socket, I guess you have no choice but to trim the fins. It looks like you could remove the hold down wire. It might come free easily. I would then see if you can cut the individual fins in the interference area. You may have to use a dremel with a cutoff wheel. I wouldn't recommend running with no heatsink.

kanewolf

Titan
If it is taller than the PCIe socket, I guess you have no choice but to trim the fins. It looks like you could remove the hold down wire. It might come free easily. I would then see if you can cut the individual fins in the interference area. You may have to use a dremel with a cutoff wheel. I wouldn't recommend running with no heatsink.

Solution
Feb 13, 2019
Ye Ive ordered a slightly thinner heatsink