Pci-e video card with hdmi for an hp desktop

G

I have an HP Pavilion a6238x. I want to be able to connect to my Samsung 50" HD tv to watch movies through my computer from sites like hulu.com. I would like both video and audio through one HDMI cord. Please tell me what I can purchase to fit my needs. I don't do any gaming. Just an old man who wants inexpensive entertainment. Thank you, Bill

G

Thank you very much for your advise. I'm going shopping today and buying on payday! Have a great day. Bill

G

Thanks for the tip. I know almost nothing about computers so I need an explanation please. Does "connect the sound cords" mean to physically remove, unplug, them from the connection on the installed sound card and plug them into the new video card? Thank you in advance. Bill

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
When you get a graphics card that has HDMI it will include two small cabled(together) read what they say on the side and connect them to the appropriate pins on your motherboard(also labeled) usually it'll be something like SPDIF or AC '97 etc...

EDIT: can't really figure a simpler way of saying this, there will be something in the graphic's cards manual about this I expect though....

G

Simplicity is sublime! Thank you for your patience and knowledge. Bill