Aug 9, 2020
I installed a TP-Link AX3000 PCI-E wifi/bluetooth card into a new build, on a MSI H310M pro motherboard. I did all the instructions, installed the drivers that came with the CD, restarted, and wifi still isn't enabled. Nothing shows up when i try to connect to a network, it just says theres no ethernet cable connected when i try troubleshooting. The bluetooth, however, does work. Any ideas? Am I supposed to plug in ethernet first before trying to install this wifi?
I installed windows 10 on this build offline if that matters.

ghadam23

Honorable
Jul 21, 2018
I had the exact same issue as you with a similar tplink wifi pcie card. Absolutely nothing worked, I even reset windows. I used a cheap external usb wifi adaptor that worked better than it did. I gave up and replaced it with the asus pce-ac88 and everything went without a hiccup. I tend to stay away from the tplink wifi cards nowadays.

Aug 9, 2020
I had the exact same issue as you with a similar tplink wifi pcie card. Absolutely nothing worked, I even reset windows. I used a cheap external usb wifi adaptor that worked better than it did. I gave up and replaced it with the asus pce-ac88 and everything went without a hiccup. I tend to stay away from the tplink wifi cards nowadays.

yeah i feel like ive tried everything. uninstalling and reinstalling a billion times, resetting the network settings, etc. Either the drivers on the cd it came with are so outdated it wont make it work, or its just a faulty product but idk how thats the case when it has thousands of good reviews.
Im hesitant to go the usb wifi route because it doenst have as strong of a connection as pci-e. Especially when playing a game online

ghadam23

Honorable
Jul 21, 2018
Yeah i'm also puzzled at how they have so many good reviews too, probably with certain motherboard I guess, I used an ASUS mobo. The card would work ok for about a day before the problems begin. I only used the usb temporarily as I got fed up with the pcie and needed wifi badly. Should check out ASUS