Honorable
Oct 6, 2014
PCI-E Wireless Card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I

MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance

Drivers for card installed: BT Driver
(Note) Win10 ver.1709 \ver.1803 supported

Issue: Unable to connect to bluetooth

---

Picked up the card for internet and bluetooth, wifi works flawless (plug and play), installed the above drivers from gigagbyte, and I can't find even find it in my device manager. Am I dumb and it's just not possible with my mobo?

I think I have the cables connected correctly. Here's a layout of my mobo (see page 6) and where I have them connected to. I've tried both usb headers (16 and 17).

Drivers should be installed as when I click on the drivers installer it now asks me if I'm sure I want to upgrade from version 20.60.0 to 20.60.0. Tried the ones from the intel website (20.90.1) and it still doesn't work.

Under devices in the windows settings there isn't a bluetooth option to flick on. If I click on add bluetooth or other device it immediately cuts to "Couldn't connect / here are some things to try: *On this Windows device, turn on Bluetooth. / If this device supports Bluetooth, but you can't turn it on, try to update your driver through Windows Update in Settings."

So I'm leaning towards I'm dumb and I can't use the bluetooth feature? Even though I have the lanes on my mobo. I figured it was like one of those usb bluetooth adapters. Which does work on my computer.

Any ideas? If you need any more information let me know. Thanks.

Solution
You don't mention the version of Windows 10 you are using. The driver version used depends on that item. There is a driver version [19.02].

Bluetooth 5 was released in June 2016, while you have Bluetooth 4.2.
Unlike some Bluetooth upgrades, this one might require new chips (although old kit will work with Bluetooth 5, you won't get the extra performance and features). Get ready for the flagship phones of 2017 to all come with Bluetooth 5 installed inside.
You don't mention the version of Windows 10 you are using. The driver version used depends on that item. There is a driver version [19.02].

Bluetooth 5 was released in June 2016, while you have Bluetooth 4.2.
Unlike some Bluetooth upgrades, this one might require new chips (although old kit will work with Bluetooth 5, you won't get the extra performance and features). Get ready for the flagship phones of 2017 to all come with Bluetooth 5 installed inside.

Solution

CloudedJudgement

Honorable
Oct 6, 2014

Version 1709 (os build 16299.847) if that's what you're asking about.

CloudedJudgement

Honorable
Oct 6, 2014
I managed to fix it. Not sure what exactly did it, but it works now. I just ran through every single somewhat related issue resolution and one of them worked. But I did it all at once that I'm not sure which it was lol