Pci Express Wires Confusion

JamesDH93

Prominent
May 29, 2017
So I am getting a new Graphics Card tomorrow, the GTX 1070. I have an older PC with these Wires, I do have most specifications to run High end games but my card which is the reason I went all out and got the 1070. Now I have an issue where my power supply may not have the cables needed to plug into the card.
ppjLS
There is also a another 6 pin connector with another plus to so I have two of these. Am I fine?

Solution
Just FYI a modular PSU just has the wires able to be removed from the PSU. The ends that connect to components are still governed by a standard so they are the same from a modular to a non-modular PSU.

FnaticMeister

Respectable
Aug 9, 2016

So you're basically saying you have 2x6 pin connectors and one of the 6 pin connectors have 6+2 along side it. This will be definitely enough to power your 1070.

Could you tell me your exact model/power of your power supply? Just to verify that it's powerful enough to power up your graphics card. Thanks!

JamesDH93

Prominent
May 29, 2017
https://jamesdh93.imgur.com/all/ I have a Solid Gear 700w and I posted a picture of the wire. I was comparing it to other pcie Wires and my ports look different for some reason. Like different shapes but its tricky to compare;

JamesDH93

Prominent
May 29, 2017
The issue is that I was comparing the angles of the holes in it with another wire and they look different. Is that possible? I know its odd to compare online photos with whatever I have but I have seen so many pics and they look different in a few as well. Does that matter? Will it fit in anyways?

JamesDH93

Prominent
May 29, 2017
I guess Im good then, Im just someone with not a lot of money pursuing a hobby. My friend told me it wasnt going to fit because my psu isnt a Modular so I got worried. I guess I can consider this thread Resolved. You have been a great help sir, you took a lot of worry off.of me thank you so much.