[SOLVED] Pci gen 3 with Rtx 3000 Series is plug-and-play or Bios need updating ?

Remyv1

Prominent
Oct 6, 2020
Hi i am currently without a gpu but my motherboard is
Gigabyte Aorus Elite z390 paired with 9900k i am basically saving up for either 3060ti or 3070 i wanted to ask since my board is PCI Gen 3 when i get any of these 2 cards do i have to update anything (like bios and stuff) in order to run these cards or it will be just plug and play.

Solution
So i will be just install the card with the drivers and it will be good to go i dont need to change anything in the bios or update it that is all my concern is.
It should just work. Pcie 4.0 is backwards compatible with prior generations. I changed nothing before installing my 3080. It should be as simple as installing the gpu, booting into Windows and then installing the latest NVidia driver and/or GeForce Experience app.
So i will be just install the card with the drivers and it will be good to go i dont need to change anything in the bios or update it that is all my concern is.
It should just work. Pcie 4.0 is backwards compatible with prior generations. I changed nothing before installing my 3080. It should be as simple as installing the gpu, booting into Windows and then installing the latest NVidia driver and/or GeForce Experience app.

Reactions: Remyv1
Solution