[SOLVED] PCI or USB for Wifi Adapter

kerfirou

Commendable
Sep 22, 2017
Greetings,

I'm currently using a USB wireless adapter, but it's been getting on it's years. So I've been thinking of replacing it. To note, the old USB Wireless adapter reception is great, with all bar full.

I've heard that PCI is more reliable than USB, but there's a problem with the positioning. If I use PCI, the distance between the antenna and the router will be hindered by the PC case.

Because of the desktop location, changing its direction is difficult to say the least. If I used USB, I can position it just like the old one so the direction doesn't get hindered by the PC Case. Either way, aside from the PC Case there are still a thick cement wall as well. Should I stick to buying USB wireless adapter again or can I change to PCI?

Thank you for any advices and or input.

kerfirou

Commendable
Sep 22, 2017
I have two issues with the T6E: 1) no remote antennas, and 2) only 2 spatial streams.

If your budget will stretch, Newegg has a vastly superior adapter also by TP-Link on sale:
https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-tl-wdn8280-pci-express/p/0XM-001R-000F4

It has both remote antennas and supports 4 spatial streams (about as good as you can buy).
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm pretty sure nobody selling that one in my country.

Also, my budget doesn't stretch that much.