phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It been a long time but I seem to recall my friend's Radeon SDR PCI scored around 1400. It's an older model Radeon. I think the equivalent currnet model is the Radeon 7000 PCI.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
I think they usually get about half the score of the AGP equivalent, although it probably gets limited out completely at a particular point.

My sig's faster than yours, and it overclocks better too....

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think I got just over 1000 with a Radeon PCI, around 980 with a TNT2 PCI, tested a few cards and they all gave roughly the same score. That was on a Celeron 850. You may get a few hundred more points with a high speed processor, but not much. PCI simply sux, getting a new card has very little affect on performance.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

natport

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002
Yeah i know PCI sux but i dont havve a choice
i have two coms networked
1 is a p4 1.8ghz 256sdram and geforce 2mx40064mb machine and the others is a five yearold p2 450 128 sdram and sis6362 intergrated 8mb
the second crap cant even run cs at reasonable frame rates
and it dont have AGP!
so i have no choice but to go for PCI

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, you DO have a choice, I'll sell you a top notch Soyo SY-BA6+III for $40 which has an AGP slot, is ultra fast, ultra stable, and would allow you to overclock that PII to around 600MHz! Look at it this way: You could get an $80 PCI card and get a little better performance than what you have, or you can get this board and a $40 AGP card and have at least twice the performance of that $80 PCI card. All my used boards use upgraded main filter capacitors for even better reliability!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Crashman does have some good equipment. I'be boughten some memory and a processor off of him. He's a well respected member of the community and usually has some good deals. He's right though. You're better off buying another board (doesn't have to be from him) that has an AGP slot and selling your old MB on ebay or something.

<b>Agent</b> <b><font color=green>81</b></font color=green> :cool:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I didn't even think about it, but you could probably get at least $15 out of your old board on eBay.

icy_oblivion

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
My guess would be you could get more tha $15 since if someone needs that Mobo they will be willing to pay a bit more since it is hard to come by older mobo's sometimes.

I crossed the line into insanity so long ago I no longer have any idea which way to go to get further from the line.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Maybe not. There are a wide range of choices for used motherboards on Ebay.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
My website is <A HREF="http://www.crashman.dns2go.com" target="_new">http://www.crashman.dns2go.com</A>, but I'll PM you my email.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
My PC is my web server, my stepdaughter had closed the program yesterday, it works fine now and I made the link clickable.