Sean

Helle everybody,
I am writing a pci driver.Whenever I stop the device and then start the
device,or update a new modified driver for the pci device, the OS ask me to
restart to use this device. You know it's really a waste of time when
writing a driver.I wonder is it possible for a pci device to stop and start
without restart,or is it my driver's problem?
thank you !

probably your driver fails to stop, or release all resources.
this happens... just debug it.

"sean" <sigang@mti.xidian.edu.cn> wrote in message news:cnuc0r$2sn8$1@mail.cn99.com...
> Helle everybody,
> I am writing a pci driver.Whenever I stop the device and then start the
> device,or update a new modified driver for the pci device, the OS ask me to
> restart to use this device. You know it's really a waste of time when
> writing a driver.I wonder is it possible for a pci device to stop and start
> without restart,or is it my driver's problem?
> thank you !

Do you have an UnLoad function?

--
The personal opinion of