PCI Simple Communications Controller”

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I updated the BIOS on my GA-965P-DQ6 to version F6, and now I have an Unknown Device in Windows, a “PCI Simple Communications Controller” . Windows can't find a driver for it.

The only card I have is an ATi x1900xtx. I don't have a modem, or anything like that. I do, however, have a serial port.

So, does anyone have any idea what's going on?

amarko5

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
well mine has not repeat not got an entry for that anywhere in the hardware

and i am running F6 as well

:roll:

kcconlin9319

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
As far as I can tell, the the only PCI devices on the board are the southbridge, the audio chip, the Firewire interface, and anything you have in the PCI slots. Has your audio or Firewire stopped working? Do you have the latest Intel INF file installed?

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
As far as I can tell, the the only PCI devices on the board are the southbridge, the audio chip, the Firewire interface, and anything you have in the PCI slots. Has your audio or Firewire stopped working? Do you have the latest Intel INF file installed?

Gigabyte has a new audio driver - which I installed. The audio was working fine anyway.
I can control my camcorder through the firewire port,
I reinstalled Windows,
Applied all the updates,

And I still have this unknown device.

easytimes

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
Asus could have saved me a lot of trouble by letting me know that was one driver that was necessary... I had it on the driver disk the whole time. Heck, I don't even have any PCI devices. I'm using the Intel graphics feature on this i3 530.

I lucked up and found one stick of RAM was bad, on the first check, which seems to be my only lasting problem, this time. Not bad... first RMA in the last four builds... if they give me an RMA.

Thanks to all who did the hashing and thrashing to get this correction posted.