Question Pci slot problem

May 1, 2019
Hi, i have built my own pc about 3 years ago. Everything worked perfectly till last week when i came back home and started a game that i used to play, 5min later my screen started doing artifact.

Those have been tested:
-Screen work tested with the inboard gpu
-Cable work same as the above
-Gpu work tested on friend pc
-Motherboard (ram,cpu,inboard gpu work)
-My pci 3.0 kinda work but mostlikely defect :(
(Both of my pci 3.0 and there one that i never used)
I have fomated, clean install tested it with default driver and also with updated driver, same thing happen

On loading startup the screen is fine but when windows is loaded the artifacts appears.

Sometime the screen is fine for about 3min after windows is loading then artifacts again.

My temperature was always perfect as i made sure of it, got about 8 high speed fan and a corsair cooler that costed like 130$

Only thing i have overcloaked is the cpu last year

I also set back bios to default without luck.
My spec are:
-Z77 extreme 3 asrock
-I5 3570k was oc at 4.2 before i set back bios to default
-hyperx fury 2x8gb 1600mhz
-r9 270x also tested my friend working r9 290
-antec 850w gold

So is my pci are just dead? I would normally just get another one at this point but there is none brand new anymore and the used 1155 socket board are all over 200$ dont rly want to buy a used hardware at this price. And i dont wana spend 500$+ on a new board and cpu and rams as i think new gen of board dont support ddr3 anymore ( i might be wrong didnt made research yet)

So if you think there something else i could do to maybe make it work again kindly let me know thx.

This link is a pict of my artifacts
https://imgshare.io/image/20190501-080450.N3jVn

May 1, 2019
Ok so it was good after the windows logo loading before i enter my pass happened before like in 1/5 attempt and after 3min or so it was artifacts again this time it stayed stable for a hour!!! Yea i didnt enter my pass for a hour i was afraid of the result lolol. Now im in the desktop since 10min all looks fine! I did changed the cable completly BUT why my cable work on the inboard gpu but not with the gpu itself anymore that drive me rly confuse. If u have a answer id like to know but damn i 💘 you so much.

TRENDING THREADS