Question Pci sound card doesn't detected in Windows 10

dancaer69

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
Hello,
I have a dual boot system with Windows 10/linux. The last 5 years I use Linux for everyday use and I boot to Windows 10 from time to time only to update or test/play some game that doesn't work on Linux. Recently, because of some problems with onboard sound card on linux I switched to my old pci sound card which detected and have better experience from the onboard card.
But Windows 10 now don't detect the sound card at all. I cannot see any entry in device manager, not with hidden devices enabled, not after check for new hardware. I tried to disable the onboard sound card from bios and uninstall the driver in windows but still the pci card doesn't detected. I don't have any setup program for the sound card, but I have the latest driver which support windows 10. I cannot install it though because device manager doesn't detect the card. Any help?

dancaer69

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
I don't think that there is such option, but maybe I missed it. I'll recheck.
EDIT:
no there isn't any such option. I recheck everything and I don't have something related to sound or pci which I can configure except the onboard sound card which I've disabled(default was auto). I also reset bios to defaults but still windows don't detect it.

Last edited:
What's the Soundcard? I know some of ASUS's Xonar lineup and even some old Creative X-Fi still still works, but can't speak to other brands. I'd be surprised if it's not detected at all though, especially if the motherboard is properly supported. Might be a BIOS setting or something that needs to be toggled.

dancaer69

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
Is an old ensonic-1371. The card doesn't detected at all in Windows 10. In Linux, which I use as main OS, is detected and works without issues. So doesn't seem to be a hardware problem. There is no bios setting except the option to use onboard soundcard with values Auto/Enabled/Disabled. I tried all, no difference. I also tried bios reset to defaults and to change pci slot, but again there is no difference. In Linux no issues with the card, in windows 10 doesn't detected at all.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
Checked with Creative Labs site and that particular card hasn't been supported since Windows XP/2000 thus there are no drivers available. Linux won't have issues with it because drivers are available.

dancaer69

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
I have a driver which support windows 10, but I cannot use it because the card doesn't detected. Linux detects the card in pci slot, so the available driver can be used. Windows don't detect the card at all.

dancaer69

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
I think it does. Worked with windows 7,8 for sure, but I'm not sure if I used it with windows 10 erlier versions. I tried to install the driver as lecacy hardware many times but again doesn't detected.