PCI Video allowed??

conquistadorst

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My brother doesn't exactly like spending a lot of money on computer hardware, but he wants to upgrade from his Pentium 150MHz. Ive been telling him to get the Duron 700MHz, b/c its real cheap for the bang etc... Over all his upgrade for his computer will cost around $350, excluding a new Graphics card. The only bad part is that he has an old PCI card and the motherboard that he'll be getting will have an 4x AGP port (Gigabyte GA-7ZX-1). Does anyone know if this mobo will support a PCI video card? Would you have to make some modifications in the Bios or in jumper settings? Someone please help, my brother doesnt even want to spend another $100 on this new "upgrade!"

G

I don't know that board, but I recently used a PCI card in my Soyo Pentium board while I waited for a replacement for my faulty AGP card. I know that others have done the same. There shouldn't be any problem.

Mike

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Waht kind of question is this... Does the motherboard have a PCI slot? IS the video card PCI? Then plug it in. *shakes head* but if you get a 700MHz computer, there is no point in having a video card form a 150MHz computer. You might as well bash the 700MHz computer and forget it

TBone

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Grizely is right, a PCI video card will work in any PCI slot. There is a BIOS setting for AGP/PCI. Any PCI video card, that was in a 150MHz computer is going to be a severe setback to your 700MHz machine.(By the way 4x AGP is a myth)