[SOLVED] PCI Wifi adapter becoming very slow suddenly

Dec 1, 2021
Hello there
I have a PCI WiFi adapter (TP-Link Archer T4E), and I am having below issue.
Frequently I get a drop in connection speed, it happens once or twice a day, the drop in connection speed is severe, for example I can't use streaming or play video games, but there is still very slow internet access.
I only can fix it by reinstall the driver, then it will happen again later same day or the next day.
To make sure it is not the modem issue, I have other computers/mobile phones connected to the same modem with no issue at all. Also, I was using a USB WiFi adapter from different company on this computer for a long time before buying this PCI adapter with no issue.

Things I tried:
-use other PCI slot, I tried all slots: 16x, 8x, 4x, and 1x.
-use another Anti-virus software.
-completely reformat PC.
-upgrade Windows from 10 to 11.
-use the PCI Wifi driver from the CD and from the company website.
-connecting on both 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz, when the connection drops on one of them, it drops on the other one.
-when the connection speed drops, I tried to connect to my mobile hotspot, and there is still drop in connection speed till I reinstall the driver.

Motherboard model: Gigabyte z370xp SLI rev 1.0
The configuration applied on the PCI network adapter (default configuration):
-802.11d --> Disabled
-Beacon Interval --> 100
-Preamble Mode --> Short & long
-Roaming Sensitivity Level --> Low
-Wireless Mode --> Auto

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

Solution
Thanks for the help
I did change the password a couple of days ago (for different reason) and it didn't effect the issue, I don't see the reason be a hacker since the issue only happens with this PCI card.
I agree it can be a faulty card, I need to make sure before contacting the store since it's working if tested briefly.
Changing the password is not the same as changing the SSID and making it hidden. Although you’re right, in all likelihood it is a simple broken card.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Seems like the Wifi card is faulty. Either that or some hacker is trying to break into your Wi-Fi network.

Change your SSID and make it hidden (important) and change your Wi-Fi password. If the issue goes away then likely it was someone trying to hack your Wi-Fi. If the issue persists then you would need to get a new Wi-Fi card. Asus make some very good and reliable cards.

Dec 1, 2021
Seems like the Wifi card is faulty. Either that or some hacker is trying to break into your Wi-Fi network.

Change your SSID and make it hidden (important) and change your Wi-Fi password. If the issue goes away then likely it was someone trying to hack your Wi-Fi. If the issue persists then you would need to get a new Wi-Fi card. Asus make some very good and reliable cards.

Thanks for the help
I did change the password a couple of days ago (for different reason) and it didn't effect the issue, I don't see the reason be a hacker since the issue only happens with this PCI card.
I agree it can be a faulty card, I need to make sure before contacting the store since it's working if tested briefly.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Thanks for the help
Changing the password is not the same as changing the SSID and making it hidden. Although you’re right, in all likelihood it is a simple broken card.

Solution