PCI WiFi card or USB?

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Now, I hate that I have to even come close to talking about playing on wireless. But I'm curious, I just moved in to a new APT with a roommate, and the Router isnt located anywhere near me. And I had to go out and get a wireless USB adapter. My problem is I do very heavy gaming. And I can already tell the hit in overall speed im getting. Its very unreliable, I can be getting for instance in BF3, get about a 20 ping. Then it jumps up to 120 and so forth. Now the internet we have is actually fairly decent. I believe its 35 down 5-8 up I cant remember. But it sucks having to play on unreliable internet. So would a PCI card actually help in this situation? or will it basically be the same thing, due to the fact that im on wireless.

Thanks in advance.

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wirelessrouters/work-and-play/WNR2000.aspx

This is the little beast I bought to replace my belkin one that went out on me. The one we have now is some cheap router the ISP gave us when they hooked up our service. And the signal strength is really bad. I sometimes get 1 bar to my phone from where my room is. So I'm hoping and I can just got get this one again, because I actually enjoyed it the best over any other router Ive had, and it was only 40 bucks. I cant say to much on its WiFi gaming capabilities because I was already direct connected before I moved

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012

Yeah it seems to be working good, I feel like its just my router that isnt networking things right. But anyway thanks for that link to that router, I think Im going to get it.