Pci wireless network card not in adapter settings [sorta SOLVED]

Feb 15, 2018
Hi, I've had this issue for about two days now. Ive spent over 15 hours troubleshooting and have spent several hours with tplinks customer service to no avail. I have all the network cards drivers properly installed (tplink archer 96e), and in device manager it says the device is working properly. But under network and sharing there is no sign of the adapter...

I have wlan set to auto in cp management, I've tried a total of 3 different network cards including a usb one instead of pc, I've switch pci ports multiple times and moved gpu to another slot, I've reviewed bios settings, I've tried over 8 wireless adapter chipsets/drivers from online. Basically I've tried everything the internet had to say and that I could think of. I know this pc is exclusive to my pc right now cause card works on other pc.

I have all motherboard drivers installed and updated bios.

Build

Gtx 1070 sc 8gb gpu

Ryzen 5 1600 OC'D to 3.8 Ghz

Rip jaw 3300mhz ddr4 8x2 gb ram OC'D to 2933 mhz

B350 tomahawk motherboard

EVGA 550W gold power supply

Os windows 10 home 64bit installed to kingston 120gb ssd.

Note that I do not have latest updates from windows. They're a couple months old as windows gives me a backup error when I try to reset windows or install updates.

Please any help will be appreciated, I'm in need of any help. I don't have internet without this for my pc since I moved into an apartment. I've been going crazy lmao.

Thanks, feel free to ask any questions.

Solution
----------------------------------------
ANSWER (sorta)

It's fixed now... I just backup'd important personal files to an external ssd and then reinstalled windows (remove my files and apps) from a usb iso. After windows installed and I installed the network adapter's drivers once again, it finally showed up in my network and sharing center. It may of been a registry error with my windows (im guessing), since windows recovery wouldn't work due to a registry error regarding backup.

I wish I didn't have to reinstall/delete windows in the end and found out the issue, but atleast I have internet now after 15 hours of troubleshooting

Ralston18

Titan
Did you try "WIN" + "I" > Update & Security" > Troubleshoot? Lots of options therein...

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt?

Look in Event Viewer: There may be some error codes or warning being captured and logged.

Feb 15, 2018

I already did my bidding in the troubleshooting by windows. When windows troubleshooter ran for network issues etc, always referred to my Ethernet connection being unplugged because it was. I had no internet access at all, so I'm not sure if ipconfig would even work, but I did not try that. Anyhow It's fixed now... I just backup'd important personal files to an external ssd and then reinstalled windows (remove my files and apps) from a usb iso. After windows installed and I installed the network adapter's drivers once again, it finally showed up in my network and sharing center. It may of been a registry error with my windows (im guessing), since windows recovery wouldn't work due to a registry error regarding backup.

I wish I didn't have to reinstall/delete windows in the end and found out the issue, but atleast I have internet now after 15 hours of troubleshooting : ).

Thanks for your reply.

Feb 15, 2018
----------------------------------------
ANSWER (sorta)

It's fixed now... I just backup'd important personal files to an external ssd and then reinstalled windows (remove my files and apps) from a usb iso. After windows installed and I installed the network adapter's drivers once again, it finally showed up in my network and sharing center. It may of been a registry error with my windows (im guessing), since windows recovery wouldn't work due to a registry error regarding backup.

I wish I didn't have to reinstall/delete windows in the end and found out the issue, but atleast I have internet now after 15 hours of troubleshooting

Solution