Question PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x2 mode) for what GPU?

mjdreyes12

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
Hi guys,

I am wondering what GPU I can put in PCIe slot mentioned above (PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x2 mode) ) I am not sure if I understand it correctly but the "x2 mode" means that the bandwidth transfer will be limited or something. I just want to add another GPU on my computer and currently I have a ZOTAC 1070 on my ASUS Tuf gaming B360 mobo. so I am wondering what GPU I can add?

Please correct and enlighten me. I am not a techy person but somehow has a little/basic knowledge about computers.

Thanks in advance. Cheers to y'all.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Why do you need another GPU to add in tandem with your existing GPU? You can't SLI or crossfire or do anything productive with the second GPU in there. If anything your power draw will increase and you're not going to see much benefit anyway.

What you need to do is find the highest end GPU your wallet and platform/PSU will allow and then purchase the GPU.

Reactions: mjdreyes12

mjdreyes12

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
Do you do basic stuff WHILE you're gaming???
Actually I am planning to stream. So I am thinking to use the other GPU for streaming. Currently I tried streaming (single PC setup) and I am experiencing some input lag/fps stuttering. I am not really sure though if it is because my GPU cant handle both or what else is causing this fps stuttering.

I appreciate your response to my thread, I apologize if my question or my idea is too dumb. Just trying to get a clearer picture or suggestions.