[SOLVED] PCIe 3rd generation not showing up?

Oct 5, 2020
I’m not the best with computers, but on the laptop it says I have a PCIe third gen SSD. However, when I go into “Optimize Drives” It shows my one and only C: drive being a “Hard Disk Drive”, or HDD. I also went into BiOS under “Storage Information” and both PCIE SSD slots are shown “Empty”. I have a GP62MVR 6rf Leopard Pro which says on it that there is an SSD installed. I thought SSDs and HDDs were two different things? Should I have an SSD drive? or is it just an extension that I shouldn’t worry about? I ask this because the game I am trying to play (Bannerlord) occasionally spikes at 100% disk usage making the game spike aswell. I believe installing the game onto an SSD might help. Maybe I’m all wrong.

I’m not the best with computers, but on the laptop it says I have a PCIe third gen SSD. However, when I go into “Optimize Drives” It shows my one and only C: drive being a “Hard Disk Drive”, or HDD. I also went into BiOS under “Storage Information” and both PCIE SSD slots are shown “Empty”. I have a GP62MVR 6rf Leopard Pro which says on it that there is an SSD installed. I thought SSDs and HDDs were two different things? Should I have an SSD drive? or is it just an extension that I shouldn’t worry about? I ask this because the game I am trying to play (Bannerlord) occasionally spikes at 100% disk usage making the game spike aswell. I believe installing the game onto an SSD might help. Maybe I’m all wrong.
Device manager ? Disk Management ?

Oct 5, 2020
I believe it has a slot for a M.2 drive to be installed but don't come with one.

EDIT.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/msi-gp62mvr-leopard-pro-gaming-laptop,4782.html
Oh, thank you. I was confused this helps a lot. I also went to the main website under specifications https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GP62MVR-6RF-Leopard-Pro/Specification
and saw it says "Storage Capability"
1x M.2 SSD Combo (NVMe PCIe Gen3 / SATA )
1x 2.5" SATA HDD

I might open her up and check on it so I can buy one if needed.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Oct 5, 2020
From the review I linked it dont come with one but has the slot for it.
I saw. I have one more question, can I get any PCIe 3rd Generation SSD or is there compatibility things I should worry about? Like when I upgraded my RAM I had to get a compatible DDR4 card, wondering if this is any similar