[SOLVED] PCIe 4.0 on Z490

Aug 12, 2020
Hello
I want to Know
Does Z490 Motherboards form Aorus will Support PCIe 4.0 with Intel 11Gen Cpus ??

Notes:
**motherbaords like Aorus z490 Has PCIe 4.0 Hardware slots
***11gen from intel will support PCIe4.0 According to toms Hardware

so - Can I use PCIe 4.0 if :
I buy MotherBoard With Z490 and Support Pcie4.0 and buy 11Gen CPU From intel next Year ??

Solution
^ So long as Intel doesn't go back on their word, then yes, it should. The socket will remain the same but the way things have gone for Intel as of the last decade, you should keep in mind that a new chipset might be announced when the new processor comes out.

You will most likely need to update your BIOS prior to dropping in the processor(from the 11th gen) but I'd ask you to not base your upgrades based on what might be in the future since they can and will change. That being said, work with functionality that you've got right now.

Lutfij

Titan
^ So long as Intel doesn't go back on their word, then yes, it should. The socket will remain the same but the way things have gone for Intel as of the last decade, you should keep in mind that a new chipset might be announced when the new processor comes out.

You will most likely need to update your BIOS prior to dropping in the processor(from the 11th gen) but I'd ask you to not base your upgrades based on what might be in the future since they can and will change. That being said, work with functionality that you've got right now.

Reactions: M.2 Hardware
Solution