[SOLVED] PCIe cable connector

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I was wondering what the optimal way of connecting a GPU that requires dual 8 pin power input would be, to my PSU

I have a MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio 2080 that has a Dual 8 pin connector?

I am using a Seasonic prime ultra 850 W Titanium PSU

Can I connect the GPU with one cable coming from the PSU, that has a 8pin and 6pin connector on the same cable which has 2 end on GPU side and 1 end on PSU side?

Or

Should I be using a 2 separate cables coming from the PSU, one that is 8pin and one that is 6pin to connect to the GPU.

Solution
It doesn't matter much whether it's single cable, as long as you plug both the 8-pin power connectors to the GPU. If two 8-pins are not the same cable, then use the other one, to power the second PCI-E slot.

Though, If a single cable is having 2 8-PIN connectors, then you can use this cable as well. Shouldn't be an issue, IMO.
It doesn't matter much whether it's single cable, as long as you plug both the 8-pin power connectors to the GPU. If two 8-pins are not the same cable, then use the other one, to power the second PCI-E slot.

Though, If a single cable is having 2 8-PIN connectors, then you can use this cable as well. Shouldn't be an issue, IMO.

Solution