Question PCIE Cable splitter output when it's only plugged into one of the cables

wesman15

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
So I have a 3080 Ti, and it has 3 8-pin power inputs. I have all of these filled, two of them with regular 8 pin pcie power cords but the third one is a 8 pin splitter which can connect to two separate 8 pin power inputs on one graphics card, but I only am using it to fill one of the 8 pin power inputs on my graphics card. Does anyone know if a splitter will reduce the amount of potential electricity able to reach that individual power input if the other end of that splitter is not plugged anywhere and is just floating in my case?

So I have a 3080 Ti, and it has 3 8-pin power inputs. I have all of these filled, two of them with regular 8 pin pcie power cords but the third one is a 8 pin splitter which can connect to two separate 8 pin power inputs on one graphics card, but I only am using it to fill one of the 8 pin power inputs on my graphics card. Does anyone know if a splitter will reduce the amount of potential electricity able to reach that individual power input if the other end of that splitter is not plugged anywhere and is just floating in my case?
No it's not using any extra power draw

Reactions: wesman15