[SOLVED] PCIe cable

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
I have a Corsair CX750M PSU that I bought back in 2014, I've lost most of the cables for it minus 1 SATA and 1 PCIe cable (and maybe the CPU 8 pin?), the PCIe cable has 2 plugs, 1x6-pin and 1x6+2-pin. I want to get a 30 series or 6000 series GPU when they become available again but what I'm asking is will that 1 cable be sufficient?

Also, what would happen if that 1 cable is sufficient and I don't have a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter in a case of the GPU needing 2x8-pin? could I plug in what I have and be okay without overclocking?

I've looked around for answers before asking this here but I can't find anything close to this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated.

bignastyid

Titan
I have a Corsair CX750M PSU that I bought back in 2014, I've lost most of the cables for it minus 1 SATA and 1 PCIe cable (and maybe the CPU 8 pin?), the PCIe cable has 2 plugs, 1x6-pin and 1x6+2-pin. I want to get a 30 series or 6000 series GPU when they become available again but what I'm asking is will that 1 cable be sufficient?

Also, what would happen if that 1 cable is sufficient and I don't have a 6-pin to 8-pin adapter in a case of the GPU needing 2x8-pin? could I plug in what I have and be okay without overclocking?

I've looked around for answers before asking this here but I can't find anything close to this problem and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Don't use adapters.
Why not just buy a replacement cable? Corsair sells them and they are cheap.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...or-and-capacitors-for-Type-4-PSU/p/CP-8920143
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
Don't use adapters.
Why not just buy a replacement cable? Corsair sells them and they are cheap.
I would but they are out of stock. They might get back into stock before I get a new GPU, but I was curious as to whether or not I could get buy until I can actually get the extra cable. I couldn't find any info as to how much wattage can go through the cable and if I got the GPU first I didn't want to attempt using it and have the cable melt on me.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I would but they are out of stock. They might get back into stock before I get a new GPU, but I was curious as to whether or not I could get buy until I can actually get the extra cable. I couldn't find any info as to how much wattage can go through the cable and if I got the GPU first I didn't want to attempt using it and have the cable melt on me.

No. The purchase of the Ferrari requires the proper insurance for the the Ferrari.

TRENDING THREADS