[SOLVED] pcie freq

matt2t123

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
hello, i have a asus strix x470-f mobo on bios 4207, trying to find where the pcie freq is located as i believe its interfering with my oc

Solution
hello, i have a asus strix x470-f mobo on bios 4207, trying to find where the pcie freq is located as i believe its interfering with my oc
You may be trying to overclock by changing bus-clock frequency, assuming your motherboard has that capability. Changing bus-clock changes nearly every clock in the system, PCIe clock included and even SATA clocks. The only real application I've heard of this being useful for is extreme overclocking...as in overclocking demonstrations and competitions. You should really avoid this way of overclocking for daily use as it can contribute to gradual data corruption over time.

Back when they had adjustable bus clocks it was very common for people to think they had a stable system only to find...
You may be trying to overclock by changing bus-clock frequency, assuming your motherboard has that capability. Changing bus-clock changes nearly every clock in the system, PCIe clock included and even SATA clocks. The only real application I've heard of this being useful for is extreme overclocking...as in overclocking demonstrations and competitions. You should really avoid this way of overclocking for daily use as it can contribute to gradual data corruption over time.

Back when they had adjustable bus clocks it was very common for people to think they had a stable system only to find it gradually deteriorating. They used to blame Microsoft for Windows being so bad, but it was their overclock that gradually corrupted the install over time.

Solution