[SOLVED] Pcie gen 3 vs Pcie gen 2

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
So i found a deal on a gigabyte z68x-ud3-b3, but i saw that gigabyte on their website didn't mention what pcie x16 gen is this motherboard, also if it is pcie gen 2 is there a difference between the gen 2 and the gen 3 with a card like rx 580

Solution
So i found a deal on a gigabyte z68x-ud3-b3, but i saw that gigabyte on their website didn't mention what pcie x16 gen is this motherboard, also if it is pcie gen 2 is there a difference between the gen 2 and the gen 3 with a card like rx 580
PCIe 2 and 3 are forward and backward compatible, so you are good to go as long as it fits in your case and you have any needed power cables for cards that need them.

RealBeast

Titan
PCIe 2 and 3 are forward and backward compatible, so you are good to go as long as it fits in your case and you have any needed power cables for cards that need them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS