Question PCIe m.2 SSD how to get data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookmaster

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Hello,

My laptop died. I have 2 hard drives in my laptop, one is just ordinary 2,5", but second is PCIe m.2 SSD. I took them from laptop and connect them to desktop. I have no problems to see and get my data from ordinary 2,5" drive, but I don't see my PCIe m.2 SSD. I can see it just like USB drive without any data. I can see disk under Disk Management. I read somewhere that I have to format disk again to be able to use it. I just need to get my data from it.
Can somebody tell me what to do, please?

Bookmaster

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
To all that have or had a similar problems.
So my hdd is NVME m.2 and there is no way that you can put it in any kind of external case which you connect to PC over USB 3.0 and that you will see your data. You can do it like that but if you want to use NVME m.2 as new hdd and in that case you will have to formate it over Disk Management. But if you want to see and take your data the only way is to put your NVME m.2 disk into MOBO that already has that slot or to buy PCIe card with that slot and put you NVMEm2. disk into that card and in PC. I did check both solutions and that is the only way that you can see and get your data.
With this I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.