Question PCIe Network card not doing full speed

limpep

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
Hi,

I recently brought a 2x dual 1GB PCIe Intel network card (10Gtek® Gigabit PCIE Network Card for Intel E1G42ET - 82576 Chip). One for my main PC and another for my second PC. My internet speed that I get from my ISP is 350mb down and around 30mb up.

On my main PC running windows 10 may patch 1903 the network is maxing out my internet connection. However on my 2nd PC (also running windows 10 may patch and with a motherboard of Asrock 970m pro3) I am only getting around 150mb down and 30mb up. I followed a few tips and tricks online but with no luck. The cables on both PCs are CAT7 and I have tested them both using a MacBook Pro with a USB-C adaptor that has 1GB ethernet connection and the cables are maxing out my internet connection so I don't believe its the cables. I have an Asus AC86U router.

Both of the cards sit in a 16x PCIe slot. I have tried swapping them around if to see if it could be a faulty card but it doesn't seem so. I believe it is some setting some where on windows 10 that I am missing.

I can see that the adaptor link speed is set to auto negotiation and the status shows me its set at 1Gbps for both PCs. Both PCs have SSD's as the main hard drive. Also I have disabled auto tuning level on 2nd PC with no luck using the following command.

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

I have also disabled on both PC Network Throttling Index following this
here is another tutorial I followed with no luck
https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/e...rnet-Adapter-Settings-for-Maximum-Performance

There doesn't seem to be any network drivers available for this network card for windows 10 (I didn't install on my main PC; windows 10 seem to pick the card up).

My last resort would be to reinstall windows 10 on my 2nd PC but I have a feeling this might not help. Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

limpep

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2005
I have also tested the speeds with iperf and this is what I get

So when I set my main PC to server I get
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
[ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 463 MBytes 388 Mbits/sec sender
[ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 463 MBytes 388 Mbits/sec receiver

But when I set my 2nd PC to server I get

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth