[SOLVED] pcie nvme ssd - not found when installing Windows

Zkye

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014
Hello,

I have a notebook Asus TUF Gaming F15 FX506HC-HN002 with a 512GB pcie nvme samsung ssd. It shows up as storage in bios, but not in boot menu, which, as far as I understand, is normal. But when I try to install Windows 10 from USB, it doesn't see any available storage to install on. Anyone has any idea why is this happening and how to fix it?

Thank you!

Solution
Try to install windows in either legacy or UEFI mode which are present in BIOS. I think the drive will show up in anyone mode. Was your Windows ISO that you flashed into your thumb drive has any word like UEFI in the name. If yes then switch to UEFI mode and then boot-up via your thumb drive. This should work for sure. Hope that this might solve your issue. If the above process didn't help then try to format the drive into NTFS file system by connecting it to a PC and repeat the installation process. I have linked a video watch it it might help in resolving the issue
Windows Installation in Asus Laptop

SoumithCS

Reputable
Oct 6, 2020
Try to install windows in either legacy or UEFI mode which are present in BIOS. I think the drive will show up in anyone mode. Was your Windows ISO that you flashed into your thumb drive has any word like UEFI in the name. If yes then switch to UEFI mode and then boot-up via your thumb drive. This should work for sure. Hope that this might solve your issue. If the above process didn't help then try to format the drive into NTFS file system by connecting it to a PC and repeat the installation process. I have linked a video watch it it might help in resolving the issue

Solution

Zkye

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2014
I can boot from the USB just fine. I just don't see any drive or unallocated space in Windows setup.