[SOLVED] PCIE PSU HELP

Feb 24, 2021
I got all of my parts at micro center (of course not gpu) and I got micro center to build it because I didn't want to risk breaking the components. After I got it back I felt something in the PSU box. When I got home I opened it and they didn't use all of the wires, I know that you don't have to use all the wires for the modular PSU but they left out the PCIE cables for my gpu. The 5600xt needs a 8 pin and they didn't install it. What do I do?

Solution
I got all of my parts at micro center (of course not gpu) and I got micro center to build it because I didn't want to risk breaking the components. After I got it back I felt something in the PSU box. When I got home I opened it and they didn't use all of the wires, I know that you don't have to use all the wires for the modular PSU but they left out the PCIE cables for my gpu. The 5600xt needs a 8 pin and they didn't install it. What do I do?
If they installed the video card for you but did not put the power cable in it then take it back.

Most power supplies have more than one if they did hook the power cable up to it the extra one could just be leftover.

At least they gave you the extra cables you might be surprised...
They didnt install it for saftey it my break the slot in transit. Watch a few youtube vidoes on how to do it before you do it wrong

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If they installed the video card for you but did not put the power cable in it then take it back.

Most power supplies have more than one if they did hook the power cable up to it the extra one could just be leftover.

At least they gave you the extra cables you might be surprised how many prebuilt PC's they will keep the extra cables.

EDIT you could just install it yourself if your scared then just take it back to them. They were no reason for them not to install it no damage to anything would of been done if they did.

Last edited:
Solution
They likely didnt install it because you didnt buy the part there so they dont want to assume liability (though, at that point, it should have been left out entirely).
Installing a PCIe cable is very simple, however if you dont feel comfortable call them up and ask why they didnt and what they are going to do to make it right.

They likely didnt install it because you didnt buy the part there so they dont want to assume liability (though, at that point, it should have been left out entirely).
Installing a PCIe cable is very simple, however if you dont feel comfortable call them up and ask why they didnt and what they are going to do to make it right.
It's not that it wasn't baught there if thats the reason this shop wont last long every shop that assembles i know will leave the gpu out unless basically begged by the customer for install for saftey of the slot....

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If they did not install the video card then their were no reason for them to use the connector for it.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Would benefit us all if OP detailed system specs and explained the circumstances regarding the graphics card.

Was graphics card installed by Micro Center or not? What power supply is it and how many PCIe cables does it come with? Because there may be spares they found. Did OP inspect inside the case or just speculating based on cables found?

If graphics card was installed by MC then all appropriate cables would have been connected.

Installing Windows is another question based on which stage the machine is ready to be fired up.

Would benefit us all if OP detailed system specs and explained the circumstances regarding the graphics card.

Was graphics card installed by Micro Center or not? What power supply is it and how many PCIe cables does it come with? Because there may be spares they found. Did OP inspect inside the case or just speculating based on cables found?

If graphics card was installed by MC then all appropriate cables would have been connected.

Installing Windows is another question based on which stage the machine is ready to be fired up.
He detailed everything in the op. He bought everything beside the gpu at micro center and had them assemble it they didnt install the gpu for him or cables. Now he needs to install it or reauest they do it and risk damage driving it home... If you do this make sure the mobo is against the seat so gpu seats vertically... However still risk damage during tranist.... "Not always no BUT YES IS A RISK" which is why most smart places dont send pc's out the door with gpu inside or if it is.... Theres a spacer..... Keeping it safe