pcie riser problem!!NEED HELP!!mining related...plz~~

THchiu

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
Recently i got into the so called mining, i’m doing just fine with a single ASUS strix gtx1080 ti. The bothering thing came up until i got two pcie risers and an additional gtx1080 ti for speeding up the mining process. The followings are my mining rig.
GPU:ASUS gtx 1080ti &AORUS Xtreme 1080 ti
MB: ASUS H270F gaming
Not meant to show off or sth. Here’s the problem. I got both of the GPU attached to a pcie 1x to 16x. In an attempt to cool both of the card in a more efficient way. Also planning for further GPU installation. Then it came out that the computer couldn’t detect both of the GPU. I switched every slot for every possibility and just couldn’t figure out.
first of all. What i wanna ask is that is there any setup that i missed out on during the pcie riser installation process.Like setup in the bios,….
Secondly, if it's not the setup in bios or on the motherboard, is it just simply that i cannot do such things with my 1080tis or with this particular MB?
Lastly, does most of the people mine with an application-like interface or a command prompt windows?Such as NiceHash vs geth...
I know these kind of question may seem stupid to u guys, please help me out on the situation….I’m having a really hard time solving this kind of question. If possible, can someone guide me or give a direction on what i’m doing.

Solution
I have experience this kind of situation, i have 3 cards total currently. gtx 1070 and 2 RX 570, as all the online guide i just connect all of them to the pcie riser, due to my board is having only 1 x 16 pcie slot then other are x1 pcie. Then the issue happening, the main display card which i connected it at x16 slot via pcie riser unable to display anything, it is bootable but just blank screen, i have struggle to find any solution, finally i just plug the main display gpu to the main board directly, then other 2 plug it on the x1 pcie riser. Then all work as charm. Hope it helps

x0zss1990

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
I have experience this kind of situation, i have 3 cards total currently. gtx 1070 and 2 RX 570, as all the online guide i just connect all of them to the pcie riser, due to my board is having only 1 x 16 pcie slot then other are x1 pcie. Then the issue happening, the main display card which i connected it at x16 slot via pcie riser unable to display anything, it is bootable but just blank screen, i have struggle to find any solution, finally i just plug the main display gpu to the main board directly, then other 2 plug it on the x1 pcie riser. Then all work as charm. Hope it helps

Solution