Question PCIe slot problem

Nov 15, 2019
Hi guys I need an advise from you regarding my pc. I've been searching solutions on how I can solve my pc but I can't find one, the issue occurred when I play games then it freeze,BOSD hang. so I check up the ram and removed faulty one(I try running one by one on different slot) but that didn't solve the problem. Then I reformat my pc, upgrade fron win 7 to win 10 but that is no help either. Went to the repair shop and said, The GPU is the problem. I am using Radeon R7 370 for 2 years that time and replaced it to a gigabyte RX570. It solve my hanging/freezing games but a problem occurs... After shutting it off, the pc wont turn back on( no display but fan keeps running and leds on). Tried reseatting the RAM to it slot it boots but if I turn it off again, same happen. If I plug it to on board graphics, it boot with no problem(turn on and turn off). Is it a PSU problem ?I guess not cause its been 1 month when I bought this as new and tried different PSU connected to motherboard same result. So I went back to the repair shop to fix this problem after series of checking he says that he turns on the fast boot to enabled (it improves) but after sometime...then he said that the PCIe slot is the problem so he reseated it from a PCIe x16 to PCIe X8. Some says it degradate its performance and it looks awful on my rig. Is there any way I could fix the primary slot? Please help .Thank you for your help.

Mobo: gigabyte z97x gaming 3
CPU: intel 4690k
RAM: 4x8 DDR3
PSU: Seasonic focus plus gold 850W

If the slot is actually damaged....I think it can be very difficult to fix....however.....I would inspect the slot for any debris and look for anything strange. I also might clean the slot with contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol but make sure it dries completely before you power on.

As far as running x8 as opposed to x16.
I was under the impression there isn't much difference.....and looking at this.....there isn't....unless I am missing something.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2488-pci-e-3-x8-vs-x16-performance-impact-on-gpus