[SOLVED] PCIE slot question

jq0213

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
The slot where you click in the GPu, is it normal if you can pull out the GPu on the left side, or should it also be locked into that part of the slot. I can’t pull out the right side but I can pull out the left side. I’m not sure whether it’s good installed.

Solution
Thanks.

Now I have another weird issue. Perhaps you have to answer on it as well. When I use a GPu stand to lift up the GPu to prevent it from sagging, my screen doesn't turn on. But when I remove the stand, everything works just fine.
You're putting too much pressure on the card. It should be very slight, just enough to keep it from sagging.

Alternatively, it may be pushing the card up and sliding the metal web between the I/O slots under the monitor cable connector on the card, slightly disengaging it.

jq0213

Reputable
Feb 16, 2020
The left side should be held in by the PCIe expansion slot and a screw. There is only one lock on the slot.
Thanks.

Now I have another weird issue. Perhaps you have to answer on it as well. When I use a GPu stand to lift up the GPu to prevent it from sagging, my screen doesn't turn on. But when I remove the stand, everything works just fine.

Thanks.

You're putting too much pressure on the card. It should be very slight, just enough to keep it from sagging.

Alternatively, it may be pushing the card up and sliding the metal web between the I/O slots under the monitor cable connector on the card, slightly disengaging it.

Solution