[SOLVED] PCIe soundcard questions.

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
Is there a recommended soundcard for my ASUS ROG X570-E Motherboard?
what would be a good sound card for music production and gaming?

full specs
CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard - ASUS ROG X570-E
RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz
GPU - ASUS DUAL RTX 2070 OC
PSU - EVGA SUPERNOVA G3 750W

Solution
I use the 1/4 connector to the front of the Numark NV DJ Controller. in the front there is 2 headphone inputs, one with the 1/4" and the 3.5mm, Thats how i listen to the tracks.

This changes your whole post since that Numark has all sorts of modifications it can do to the audio and the jacks are not on the sound card, so what you hear from that has very little to do what the computer puts out. It's important to have all the details in the post. The larger jack should not have any difference in audio quality, unless there is an issue with the jack design or they can run through separate signal paths and one has different processing added on it.

Are you running it to the computer with the RCA audio inputs from the audio jack...
Sound-cards are sorta a dying tech, most mid to high end motherboards have comparable quality to the few cards still a available and if audio quality is your main concern then a DAC and AMP combo are preferred since limits interference by moving the Digital to Audio conversion outside the electrically noisy computer. And almost any desktop AMP will be miles better then any soundcard.

Is there a recommended soundcard for my ASUS ROG X570-E Motherboard?
what would be a good sound card for music production and gaming?

full specs
CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard - ASUS ROG X570-E
RAM - G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz
GPU - ASUS DUAL RTX 2070 OC
PSU - EVGA SUPERNOVA G3 750W

Music production is a pretty wide thing, are you doing some basic stuff without much need for inputs or mixing a several sources? You don't really want a sound card for that but an audio interface or mixer like ones from Focusrite, PreSonus, Behringer, etc...

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
Music production is a pretty wide thing, are you doing some basic stuff without much need for inputs or mixing a several sources? You don't really want a sound card for that but an audio interface or mixer like ones from Focusrite, PreSonus, Behringer, etc...
Both Music Production and DJ. I just use headphones.
But im now interested in streaming performances with DJ Serato.
In terms of production, ill use some decent program like FL Studio 20,

When i play with tracks and stuff and just do experimenting on Serato, I like a lot of bass, and i noticed when i put the 1/4" extension on the 3.5mm jack the quality of the audio increased.
But that might be just me.

Last edited:
Both Music Production and DJ. I just use headphones.
But im now interested in streaming performances with DJ Serato.
In terms of production, ill use some decent program like FL Studio 20,

When i play with tracks and stuff and just do experimenting on Serato, I like a lot of bass, and i noticed when i put the 1/4" extension on the 3.5mm jack the quality of the audio increased.
But that might be just me.

What do you have that uses the 1/4 inch connector? Motherboard audio does not, so if you are using headphones with that connector you are connecting to something else. Using the adapter won't change any quality with all things being equal, but you may be missing something you did not tell us about your setup since you need something more than standard computer motherboard jacks to connect the larger plug to.

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
What do you have that uses the 1/4 inch connector? Motherboard audio does not, so if you are using headphones with that connector you are connecting to something else. Using the adapter won't change any quality with all things being equal, but you may be missing something you did not tell us about your setup since you need something more than standard computer motherboard jacks to connect the larger plug to.
I use the 1/4 connector to the front of the Numark NV DJ Controller. in the front there is 2 headphone inputs, one with the 1/4" and the 3.5mm, Thats how i listen to the tracks.

acer2dn

Reputable
Mar 8, 2018
Sound-cards are sorta a dying tech, most mid to high end motherboards have comparable quality to the few cards still a available and if audio quality is your main concern then a DAC and AMP combo are preferred since limits interference by moving the Digital to Audio conversion outside the electrically noisy computer. And almost any desktop AMP will be miles better then any soundcard.
The external audio interfaces?
Would the outputs run from the back of the Numark NV, into the interface and back into the computer?

This changes your whole post since that Numark has all sorts of modifications it can do to the audio and the jacks are not on the sound card, so what you hear from that has very little to do what the computer puts out. It's important to have all the details in the post. The larger jack should not have any difference in audio quality, unless there is an issue with the jack design or they can run through separate signal paths and one has different processing added on it.

Are you running it to the computer with the RCA audio inputs from the audio jack or just with a USB connection?

Solution