[SOLVED] PCIE to NVME adapter?

Jan 29, 2021
Hey guys I need help on identifying my pcie slots on my B450m Mortar Max... I wanted to put on a heatsink for my SX8200 pro but I'm having clearance issues on the bottom m.2 slot so I'm planning to buy a pcie to nvme card adaptor...Can I use the bottom pcie slot? And if so, what pcie slot is that? Sorry my english is bad I hope you guys understand thank you so much!

Solution
Hey guys I need help on identifying my pcie slots on my B450m Mortar Max... I wanted to put on a heatsink for my SX8200 pro but I'm having clearance issues on the bottom m.2 slot so I'm planning to buy a pcie to nvme card adaptor...Can I use the bottom pcie slot? And if so, what pcie slot is that? Sorry my english is bad I hope you guys understand thank you so much!
You have to use a PCIe slot that is at least x4 --- no x1 it will hurt performance, so use the PCI_E4. Be aware that slot is not available if your use M.2_2.

RealBeast

Titan
You have to use a PCIe slot that is at least x4 --- no x1 it will hurt performance, so use the PCI_E4. Be aware that slot is not available if your use M.2_2.

Solution
Jan 29, 2021
Thank you sir! Will this slot that I circled in red, work then? Is that a x4 pcie slot?
saveimage.png