PCIe Wi-Fi card keeps dropping connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2018
[title edited to reflect the problem]

Alright, this is going to be extremely hard to type so please don't mind my mistakes I'm writing this on my phone.
About a couple months ago I had just built a brand new gaming PC.
Specs:
Intel Core i5 8600k 4.3 GHz overclock
EVGA GTX 1060 6gb SSC
MSI Z370 A Pro
And just the basic rest 550w power supply, corsair vengeance 8gb ram, western digital blue 1tb, Kingston 120 gb ssd.

Alright back to where I was getting. I had just built my gaming PC and I had began to play. I thought I'd ran into a ton of problems but it was normal. But this is a real problem. I had found out that after playing about 3 months now my WiFi just suddently shut off. The error had told me that there was a problem with the default router gateway. So I had gotten really confused. I searched up a ton of fixes for these issues for example updating drivers, changing power limit, turning off the router, etc. However when I launched up discord along with literally any game about five minutes in, my WiFi just goes out. Also I forgot to mention, I did use the windows troubleshooter yet it fixed it for about 5 mins until the same thing happened. This has constantly been happening for the past 2 days now. I can't even play a single game without losing connection. I'm beginning to think that the network adapter is broken but I don't want to get rid of it so quickly since it's kind of new. Does anybody have any solutions?
Wireless Network Adapter : Asus - PCE-AC55BT B1 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

kanewolf

Titan
To see if it is a generic network software problem on the PC, you should try a wired connection. Either run a long cable over the carpet or move the PC close enough to the router to connect a cable. You could also try safe mode with networking to see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.