Question PCIE WiFi adapter randomly disabling itself for no reason

nemofoot

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
Hi guys,
got a new PC few days ago, only trouble I'm having with it is the WiFi adapter (RTL8192EE) is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 10 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network troubleshooter, it fixes the issue again (no error message, just "we fixed a problem with the wireless adapter or access point") which fixes it for another 10 mins until it happens again and I just run the troubleshooter again and again. It works fine when it connects to the wifi its not like its a weak signal dropping out or anything, the wifi adapter just seems to want to turn itself off

I've tried changing power saving settings (which I dont think it is anyway as it happens even when I'm actively using the PC). I've also tried completely reinstalling both realtek and default windows drivers several times and making sure my network is set to private and not public. No luck with any of these. The issue remains no matter what network I connect to - I tried connecting to my phone's hotspot and the same thing happens.

Thanks for any help!!

nemofoot

Prominent
Feb 16, 2021
Hi guys,
got a new PC few days ago, only trouble I'm having with it is the WiFi adapter (RTL8192EE) is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 10 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network troubleshooter, it fixes the issue again (no error message, just "we fixed a problem with the wireless adapter or access point") which fixes it for another 10 mins until it happens again and I just run the troubleshooter again and again. It works fine when it connects to the wifi its not like its a weak signal dropping out or anything, the wifi adapter just seems to want to turn itself off

I've tried changing power saving settings (which I dont think it is anyway as it happens even when I'm actively using the PC). I've also tried completely reinstalling both realtek and default windows drivers several times and making sure my network is set to private and not public. No luck with any of these. The issue remains no matter what network I connect to - I tried connecting to my phone's hotspot and the same thing happens.

Thanks for any help!!