Question PCIE WiFi Card Not Detected By Bios

arguer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
I built a computer with GIGABYTE B550M DS3H motherboard and Cudy WE3000 PCIE WiFi + Bluetooth card (Intel AX200 chip).
Everything else worked, but the WiFi + BlueTooth card isn't even visible in Bios.

It showed up briefly after a Bios version update but then disappeared again.

More specifically:
  1. The green LED indicator light on the PCIE card is lit.
  2. I tried it in another PCIE slot and the situation is exactly the same. Reseating the card doesn't help either.
  3. I installed the card on a different PC, and it worked there, so the card doesn't seem to be the issue.
  4. I updated Bios version (from v3 to v10), and the card (both WiFi and Bluetooth functionality) appeared in OS, however I couldn't connect WiFi for some reason. So I restarted the computer, and it's gone again and hasn't showed up since.

I'm puzzled and can't find answers in online search. Would appreciate any tips/suggestions. Thanks!

I built a computer with GIGABYTE B550M DS3H motherboard and Cudy WE3000 PCIE WiFi + Bluetooth card (Intel AX200 chip).
Everything else worked, but the WiFi + BlueTooth card isn't even visible in Bios.

It showed up briefly after a Bios version update but then disappeared again.

More specifically:
  1. The green LED indicator light on the PCIE card is lit.
  2. I tried it in another PCIE slot and the situation is exactly the same. Reseating the card doesn't help either.
  3. I installed the card on a different PC, and it worked there, so the card doesn't seem to be the issue.
  4. I updated Bios version (from v3 to v10), and the card (both WiFi and Bluetooth functionality) appeared in OS, however I couldn't connect WiFi for some reason. So I restarted the computer, and it's gone again and hasn't showed up since.
I'm puzzled and can't find answers in online search. Would appreciate any tips/suggestions. Thanks!
If it's an add-on PCIe card most likely it will not be visible in BIOS. Did you try it in another PCIe slot ? Even if it's 1x it should still work in x16 slot.
Is it visible in Device Manager at least as Unknown device ?

arguer

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
If it's an add-on PCIe card most likely it will not be visible in BIOS. Did you try it in another PCIe slot ? Even if it's 1x it should still work in x16 slot.
Is it visible in Device Manager at least as Unknown device ?

Thanks for the reply!
Yes I tried it in another PCIE slot on the same computer and it behaved exactly the same way.
It's not visible in BIOS or Device Manager (even as unknown device), except for that short moment after a BIOS update (for that few minutes, it was visible in both BIOS and Device Manager).