[SOLVED] PCIe wifi card not detected/not working

Jan 6, 2021
Hi. Im having problem installing my PCIe Network Adapter. (Joowin AX-200) For some reason my computer doesnt recognize the device at all in windows/device manager and wont install any drivers. I have tried going to hidden devices in device manager still nothing. I have also tried switching the card between different PCIe slots on my motherboard and while the light does come on, it doesnt show anything in my bios.

Motherboard: MSI B250 Gaming M3
Wifi Card: JOOWIN AX200 WiFi 6 Card 160 MHz for PC

Solution
...I have tried going to hidden devices in device manager still nothing. I have also tried switching the card between different PCIe slots on my motherboard and while the light does come on, it doesnt show anything in my bios.
If it does not appear at all in Device Manager, then it could be defective unit.
I had a similar issue, with a similar device. The WiFi card under the heatsink was loose.
I removed the heatsink seated the Wifi card and it worked.
Hi. Im having problem installing my PCIe Network Adapter. (Joowin AX-200) For some reason my computer doesnt recognize the device at all in windows/device manager and wont install any drivers. I have tried going to hidden devices in device manager still nothing. I have also tried switching the card between different PCIe slots on my motherboard and while the light does come on, it doesnt show anything in my bios.

Wifi Card: JOOWIN AX200 WiFi 6 Card 160 MHz for PC
Did you try installing it on the 2nd PCIe 3.0 x16 slot?
Could you post your system components.

If you have a M.2 SSD in the M.2_2 slot the PCI_E #4 is disabled.
The PCI_E #4 and PCI_E #5 are shared and so does the PCI_E #3 & PCI_E #5 on the motherboard.

Jan 6, 2021
Did you try installing it on the 2nd PCIe 3.0 x16 slot?
Could you post your system components.

If you have a M.2 SSD in the M.2_2 slot the PCI_E #4 is disabled.
The PCI_E #4 and PCI_E #5 are shared and so does the PCI_E #3 & PCI_E #5 on the motherboard.
Yea I tried installing it on the 2nd PCIe 3.0 x16 slot but still no luck.
I don't have an M.2 SSD so I would assume voids that issue, its currently plugged in at the PCI_E5 slot

System Components:
CPU: Intel I5 6600K
Graphics: XFX RX 470
PSU: 500W Thermaltake RGB PSU
RAM: 8 GB Crucial Ballistix RAM

...I have tried going to hidden devices in device manager still nothing. I have also tried switching the card between different PCIe slots on my motherboard and while the light does come on, it doesnt show anything in my bios.
If it does not appear at all in Device Manager, then it could be defective unit.
I had a similar issue, with a similar device. The WiFi card under the heatsink was loose.
I removed the heatsink seated the Wifi card and it worked.

Solution