[SOLVED] Pcie wireless card choice?

Deeks

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I am currently debating upgrading my router from a Asus n66u dark night to a Asus rt-ax88u. In the event I do I need to upgrade my wireless card on one of my PC's and am hoping moving my server to wireless. I have been looking for pcie wireless cards and the two I've been look at are Asus PCE-AX58BT/ 2x2 Or Asus PCE-AC88/CA 4x4. I am curious on which card would be the better to choose for both reception and transfer speeds. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Solution
I am currently debating upgrading my router from a Asus n66u dark night to a Asus rt-ax88u. In the event I do I need to upgrade my wireless card on one of my PC's and am hoping moving my server to wireless. I have been looking for pcie wireless cards and the two I've been look at are Asus PCE-AX58BT/ 2x2 Or Asus PCE-AC88/CA 4x4. I am curious on which card would be the better to choose for both reception and transfer speeds. Thanks for any info anyone can provide.
Your server shouldn't be wireless, IMO. That makes it a bottleneck to your entire network.

kanewolf

Titan
Your server shouldn't be wireless, IMO. That makes it a bottleneck to your entire network.

Reactions: Deeks
Solution